Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanks for the reminder Bruce!!

Bruce's post yesterday reminded me of a few extra spares that I had laying around the shed (pushrods, tube for tiller universal etc) , so I put them all in a pile ready to go with the "original Luka wand" and the "bent Luka wand". But how to transport the wands safely by air, especially when baggage handlers are renowned for reading "fragile" as "please throw me across the Tarmac and run over me with a plane tug".

Below was the solution,
3mm ply sheet with 42mm pine sides. At 3.4kg packed, turns out to be a secure way to transport wands, we'll see if I feel the same in Sydney. About to get on the plane in 15 minutes and will be in Belmont on Monday to put the boat together.

Can't wait to get there!





No comments:

Post a Comment